At Dr. Suzanne Family Dentistry, we strive to help you feel like you are truly a part of our patient family. It is our goal to help you feel comfortable and confident each time you see us. Our team of caring dental professionals has the training, knowledge, and experience to help you through any dental concern you may have. We look forward to meeting you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How far ahead should I schedule my appointment?
To ensure that we can accommodate your needs, we recommend that you schedule your appointment several weeks in advance. However, in the case of dental emergencies, we will get you in as quickly as possible.
What can I expect at my first regular New Patient dental appointment?
1. You will..... receive a warm welcome and we will introduce you to the office.
2. We will review your health history, so please try to bring a list of all medications that you take on a regular basis. We also require your dental insurance information, if you are covered.
3. Dr. Otterson will do an examination of your teeth and tissues, and chart all previous dental treatment, as well as treatment needed.
4. We will update xrays if necessary, and take intra-oral photos. These will be used to provide information to help diagnose, explain and treat your dental needs.
5. We will take the time to go over your treatment proposal with you and show you the data gathered. You will have an opportunity to discuss your treatment needs with Dr. Otterson.
6. We will schedule recommended treatment as needed.
How can I schedule an appointment?
Just give us a call at 250-245-0356, and we will be happy to set up your next appointment with you! Our phone is answered Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.
How often should I schedule a routine teeth cleaning and examination?
Typically, we recommend you schedule a hygiene visit every six months. However, because every mouth is unique, our hygienist and Dr. Otterson may recommend a different schedule for you.
When should I schedule my child's first dental appointment?
We would like to see children between the ages of 2-3years old unless you have concerns earlier. There is a Healthy Kids Dental Programme, funded by the Ministry, which you may be eligible for. Look up Healthy Kids Dental at www.mhr.gov.bc.ca .
How long will my New Patient appointment be?